суббота, 12 ноября 2011 г.

cabin fever

cabin fever:

DSC_0475


getting here was easy.  


the further i drove my mind away from school the more i started to relax.  and become my curious traveling self.


which is my favorite self to be.


  a long lovely grey ribbon of road unwound before me.


DSC_0483


and i felt a wave of giddiness wash over what was left of the day.


DSC_0494


by nightfall i had reached my destination.  i held my breath as i steered my chariot around this corner.


DSC_0459

and came upon this wee cabin resting on top of a bluff in a stand of sycamore, oak, alder, fern, toyon, laurel, and even tangerine (!)


DSC_0423


the wild creek was roaring away below.  it was considerably darker than this.  so mysterious!


DSC_0461


one of my favorite flowers greeted me at the cabin.  and filled the air with sweetness.  what thoughtful hosts!


DSC_0396


want a little tour?  if not, this is the part where you switch channels.  if so...come on along!


DSC_0395


the creek can be seen and heard loudly from every room.  open a window and it's even louder!


i purred like a big cat in this bed all night.  creeping up every now and then to rattle around the cabin out of sheer excitement.  i feel sort of like tom hanks in BIG.  the treehouse version.


DSC_0550


a few hours after i arrived the moon rose over the cabin and shone down through the big skylight.


DSC_0406


night has fallen again.  i have pulled the little cabin around me and am snuggled up by the woodstove.  having never used a woodstove i was just a wee bit apprehensive, but my inner paul bunyan came to the rescue and set everything up in a rightly manner.


DSC_0444


i am getting ready to rustle up some grub in the little kitchen then get cozy with my pile of books.  chuck another log into the woodstove...


DSC_0414


i will be making several trips out here to watch for the rain that is on its way here.


 i think i'll wait up for it.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий